Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Credit Repair

I pulled a copy of my credit report from each credit bureau a couple of days ago. I am actually surprised by how much has been removed from my credit in the last few months. I did not get my FICO score because I am waiting until April. In April my student loans will be moved from a negative to a positive, so I want to know what it will be then.

I will be disputing a couple of other items that are on my report due to inaccuracies, and hopefully have them removed.  The disputing process is fairly easy, and I do not mind taking the time to do it if it is going to help. Since I have began working on my credit report I have had about 7 negative accounts removed from my report. I am now down to 10, which 3 of those will be a positive in April. With those 3 my positive will out weigh my negative accounts.

My secured credit card is already on my credit report, and it is positive. I know it will increase my score due to the fact that it is the most recent, and it is being paid on time. I am trying to keep the amount owed down to half of the available balance because it will make the score even better.

I know that repairing my credit is a process, and will take time. I am on a good path, and feel I will be where I want to be within the next year. I still have three months before the baby is born, so I am putting up every penny I can during that time. After that my focus will be on my baby, and getting our finances on the rite path for both of our futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment